Take a long look at your deck. Is it boring and outdated? If so, then it’s time to hit the figurative ‘reset’ button. With summertime just around the corner, you want to be sure that your deck looks incredible. Here are five easy ways to upgrade your deck, as referenced from Better Homes & Gardens:
- Stain it – This may be the most obvious improvement to make. If the first thing guests notice when looking at your deck are dirty, grimy boards, then it’s time to restain it. Keep in mind that doing this allows your deck flooring to better stand up to the elements. Though it may seem like a small project, staining your deck should lead to noticeable improvements.
- Add a pergola – Does the sun beat down on your deck during the summertime? Now is a great time to invest in a pergola if that’s the case. At Ready Decks, we offer premier pergola construction for customers. You can think of a pergola as either an extension of a building or protection for an open terrace/link between pavilions.
- Install benches – Do you often struggle to find enough seating for guests when you host gatherings? Sure, you could just continue to bring out chairs from the kitchen or living room. This is anything but convenient. That’s why you may want to consider installing freestanding or attached benches. It’s fairly easy to make them look like original parts of the deck. Just be sure to use the same materials if you decide to take on this project.
- Bring in natural colors – Plenty of homeowners use flowers and foliage to liven up their deck spaces. Quick tip for those with wooden decks: remember to hang any pots so they’re not in direct contact with the floor when watering. The last thing you want is for the wood to rot.
- Create living spaces – It’s one thing to have a deck with a few plants and places to sit. But what if you kicked things up a notch? What we’re talking about is adding some outdoor furniture and fixings. This allows you to create specific spots for grilling, dining, and just hanging out.
Why Choose Our Deck Builder?
Have you always wanted a deck but never knew how to make it happen? At Ready Decks, our professional deck installer can make it happen. Since 2001, we’ve been committed to providing the ultimate consumer experience through quality, value, and integrity. For example, our premade decks are constructed using premium-grade, treated lumber. On top of that, every deck we build is backed by a lifetime limited warranty. You won’t find that kind of guarantee in this industry!
We believe that you should be able to enjoy a beautiful, long-lasting deck without needing to break the bank. For nearly two decades, we’ve made that a reality for more than 15,000 homeowners.
Whether you’re interested in prefab decks or mobile home decks for sale, we have you covered. Contact us now to ask about financing options.