Now that we’re a few weeks into 2018, how are your New Year’s resolutions going? Hopefully, you’ve gotten off to a great start with those fitness and financial goals. What about resolutions for your home? Maybe you’ve been putting off several major projects, for example. On the other hand, it could be that you just want to make your space more beautiful, efficient, and clean. Keep reading for several home improvement resolutions in the new year, as explained by HGTV.
- Get rid of clutter – There’s no reason you can’t get that spring cleaning done early. Imagine finally clearing out that mountain of stuff in the basement or garage. Another idea is to purge cabinets and drawers of items you don’t use. Make it a point to go room by room cleaning anything you no longer need. Maybe take one or two hours each week to knock out a particular space. Don’t be surprised if throwing away things that are broken or unused give you an extra boost of energy.
- Make it safe – What better resolution in 2018 than to make your home safer? Start by hiring a professional to check for radon. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, one in every 15 homes has elevated levels of this colorless, odorless gas. Not to scare you, but radon causes about 21,000 lung cancer deaths each year from radioactive particles it traps in your lungs. That’s why it’s a good idea to purchase a radon testing kit. The safety efforts don’t have to stop with radon, though. Be sure to have a working carbon monoxide detector, as well as bathrooms and attics that are free of mold.
- Do some decorating – Just because you have a tight budget doesn’t mean you can’t make some big-time improvements to your home. Even minor rearranging goes a long way in breathing new life into a room. Of course, feel free to add several plants to complement an existing color scheme. Don’t underestimate the visual change small things such as new throws, colorful rugs, or trendy runners can make.
- Come up with a system for house cleaning – Many people don’t really have a strategy when cleaning their homes. Some tips for getting the most out of your efforts include bringing everything back to its assigned places, focusing on one type of cleaning at a time, and getting the help of family members. These small changes can make a big difference.
- Get a deck – Have you always wanted to entertain at your house? Loved ones will certainly flock to your home when you tell them you had a deck put in. At Ready Decks, we offer both premade decks and prefab decks that offer tremendous return on investment. Our experienced deck builder can build your deck on site and in one day! Rest assured that our deck contractor uses only the highest quality of materials, including premium-grade, treated lumber. We are proud to be your go-to deck contractor.
See how Ready Decks can transform your home in 2018. Don’t forget to ask about mobile home decks for sale as well.